Mergers and acquisition projects, both on the sell-side and buy-side, as well as operational and financial integration of acquisitions have been a integral part of my professional life. Significant projects have included:
- Sell-side diligence for the successful 2009 sale of the Metalor Group to private equity investors Astorg Partners, and advised on, negotiated for and implemented the senior management equity package
- Complex 2010 carve-out acquisition of a USA, Mexico and Puerto Rico based silver contacts business. Leadership of subsequent integration and turnaround
- Complex 2011 carve-out acquisition of a Japanese based Asian precious metals chemicals business. Devising and negotiating a tax efficient acquisition structure that reduced effective net acquisition cost by 15%
- Between 2009 and 2012, evaluation of and substantive negotiations for potential acquisitions in the USA (4 deals), Europe (2), Asia including China (2)
- Exit auction process in 2006 for EurotaxGlass’s Group, resulting in a sale of the business at enterprise value of 12* times multiple of prospective EBITDA
- Sell-side diligence for the successful 1999 going private acquisition of TAG Heuer group to LVMH Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy
- Between 1997 and 1999, operational integration of recently acquired UK distributor into the TAG Heuer group
- Between 1994 and 1997, due diligence and IPO support on numerous deals in continental Europe including TAG Heuer, Geberit and targets in Germany and France.
This experience makes me ideally placed to prepare businesses for fund raising or eventual sale, and make a business Diligence Ready.
Back to Skills and Experience